The refreshed versions of Blackwire C315 and C325 are shipping! Essentially it’s a running change without a price increase. The main difference is the addition of a 3.5mm connection. The Plantronics upgrade was first announced June 8, and they are on schedule for the late July release.
Before July 2015 the C300 series USB Headsets only had a USB Connection
The new design now includes both USB and 3.5mm connections. It’s a great idea for companies who forbid workers from downloading software in order to hear sound. With 3.5mm they can get sound from a soundcard without downloading anything. You can also plug in and listen to training on your mobile device while traveling, for example.
Other Changes to Note
The upgraded versions have slightly larger speakers to provide a better music and call experience across devices. A third change is a headset icon where the 3.5mm connects. Plantronics manufacturer’s model number includes a “.1” to differentiate it from original Blackwire 315/325, although BTP’s model numbers have not changed to keep it simple.
Plantronics Blackwire series headsets are for IT-managed mass deployments where cost is a major factor. Blackwire C300 Series UC headsets are designed to be the best available for both comfort and audio quality for the price. Here is a rundown of features:
- Easily manage calls from PC, smartphone or tablet with USB or 3.5mm connectivity
- Ultra-soft leatherette ear cushions fold flat for easy storage and portability in the included carrying case
- Lightweight metal headband offers durability and a customizable, comfortable fit
- Intuitive inline controls to answer/end PC calls, control volume, and mute
- Smartly placed indicator lights and helpful audio alerts give user PC call, mute, and volume status
- Wideband audio with noise-canceling for high-quality PC telephony
- Dynamic EQ feature automatically adjusts audio for voice or multimedia use
- Noise-canceling microphone filters out background sound
- Enhanced Digital Signal Processing (DSP) provides more natural voice
Click on the links below to learn about all 4 versions on BTP’s web site, where you can download data sheets, user guides, and see pictures and details:
PL-C315 (standard UC version for applications and softphones from Avaya, Cisco, IBM and more)
PL-C325 (standard UC version for applications and softphones from Avaya, Cisco, IBM and more)
PL-C315-M (Microsoft version optimized for Lync and certified for Skype for Business)
PL-C325-M (Microsoft version optimized for Lync and certified for Skype for Business)